Celebrities have a lot of appeal. They are usually rich, famous and beautiful. Lots of people admire them and look up to them. A lot of people wish they could be them. With this in mind, marketing product through celebrities is very smart since it creates that branding image. Who doesn’t want to brand their product with someone that is rich, famous and beautiful? But the question is how to get it on the celebrity’s radar. Say you have a wonderful new watch line that you think would be perfectly marketed on Taylor Swift’s arm. The question is how to get it on her arm or even within her agency.
There are many ways to get a product in the hands of a celebrity. Some of them may work and some may not work. The best way to get product marketed by a celebrity or athlete is to use a celebrity marketing company such as the FIMI Group. Listed below are five ways to endorse a product or brand to celebrities.
- Send it to them. You can simply mail the product to the celebrity and hope that it actually gets in their hands. The downside to this is that they probably receive tons of mail and product that they never use or see. You could be wasting money on postage. Most celebrities also have multiple homes. Who knows who is checking their mail and when the actual celebrity that you are seeking will be at that particular residence.
- Send it to their agency or public relations rep. This may be better than sending it directly to the celebrity. It could also be worse because they may be a chance they never see it either. The agency or public relations rep could toss it out or give it away before it is even in the celebrity’s radar.
- Find a marketing gift basket that goes to the celebrity. There are definitely a lot of gift baskets that celebrities receive. They can get them at a show, in their dressing room, on the set of their movie, etc.
- Send it in a swag bag. A lot of public relation and marketing companies create swag bags for celebrity events. They accept large donations of products for the swag bags that are given to the celebrities and their guests.
- Hire a company that has direct experience with celebrity endorsements and marketing such as FIMI Group. Companies like the FIMI Group have tons of experience in product placement and strategic celebrity marketing. They will get the product endorsed or marketed much fast than any of the first four options listed above.
Out of those five ways to get a celebrity to endorse or market your product, four of them could waste a lot of time, money and product. The best way to get your product marketed through a celebrity or athlete is to use FIMI Group to handle all of your celebrity marketing needs. They will bring your product to events and integrate it in to get exposure and the marketing that you desire.